Saturday, April 18, 2009

A whole new season of backyard blogging!

Up until it got really cold outside, all my blog posts were written in my back yard. I don't have the nicest back yard, but it is a yard and I own it so I am darn well going to use it! The birds are happily using the yard, too. So much so that when Paul called me this morning he actually said "Did you get a bird? What's all that chirping?"

My rose bushes and lilac bush already have leaves coming out on them, my tulips poked through the soil a couple of weeks ago, and my columbine is happily growing up through the soil. I saved all the cash I was given for my birthday and intend on buying a few new bushes for it in a week or two.

My brother Doug gave me his old barbeque and as soon as I figure out how to hook it up I will be cookin some very fine chicken and stuff. Of course, I will also have to learn how to use the barbeque too.

This week I will have a new roommate. His name is Sylvester, and as you guessed, he is a cat. I'm a bit nervous about looking after someone other than myself, but I am sure I will do alright. I managed to keep my last cat Weasle alive, and lately I have done well with a peace lily. I'm just more nervous of the change than I am of actually looking after a cat.

No comments: