Saturday, July 26, 2008

Breakfast of Champions


Source: fotosearch

The cartoon above was drawn in 1849.
I do not know the history behind it,
but I do know that
I do not want to be blow'd by cholera
when I go away.

I spare no opportunity to torment Paul, and last week's torment was leaving my vaccine in Paul's fridge. So Monday's phonecall from Paul consisted of yet another cry of despair stating "Are you coming over to get your vaccine?" I realized it was a rhetorical question, and had to go pick it up. I didn't have anything else to do on Monday night anyway, so it all worked out for the best.

Recall from an earlier post that the vaccine must be taken on an empty stomach and carries the risk of side effects. I figured this morning was the best day to take it, since I can suffer the side effects on a weekend without missing work and I can take it when I first get up then wait the requisite hour to eat. The vaccine contains inactivated bacteria, so in effect this is what I ate for breakfast:











YUMMY!

My other trip planning excitement was locating Toronto street again, and handing Andrew a big wad of cash in exchange for a ride to China. After I left the travel agency with my permission to board a plane, it really sunk in that the trip is happening. I was ecstatic! So much so that I could not contain my energy and my poor co-workers had to endure me skipping around the office for the rest of the afternoon. Sorry peeps!

There still is a lot left to do before I go, mainly centred around the tourist Visa application. Later today I have to get a passport photo, tomorrow Paul and I have to strike our itinerary so that we can complete the Visa applications, and then Monday I get to spend all morning at the Chinese Embassy.

No comments: