Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Fat Lady has Sung

Well, I always said I would never add to this blog until everything was in place for the Olympics. This week I picked up my Chinese Visa, how sweet. It looks so nice, wow, I am going to China!!!!!!!!  WOW!!!! I am going to the Olympics, in China.

THE FAT LADY HAS SUNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All my life I have always wanted to go to China and I have always wanted to attend the Olympic Games.

In 1975, I traveled with my parents, by car, to Nova Scotia. One of our stops was a drive around the Montreal 1976 Olympic Site, how amazing to see the venues being constructed. I guess construction is my blood, I love to watch things being built. I just don't know what a hammer is.
That was my closest experience with the Olympics.

As for China, there are many Chinatowns in this city I live in, but I don't think it will compare to going to the actual Country.

Did I mention,  I AM GOING TO CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!

Excitement is building. I know Lori and I will have an amazing time and I know this trip will be unforgettable.

I am a little anal, so, taking a cue from my bff LDR, I have created an itinerary for Lori and I that has adventures right down to the 1/2 hour.

I even built a packing check list. How sad is that.

More to come in the coming days.

Oh, by the way. I took Friday morning off so that I could watch the Opening Ceremonies live.


No comments: