Monday, August 11, 2008

Only 4 Sleeps Left

I can not believe how quickly the departure date is approaching. 4 days until we are in the air for Beijing and the Olympics.



I took the morning of 888 off so that I could watch the Opening Ceremonies in peace and quite and in HD. The show was amazing, until about 10 o'clock when my phone rang.



'Hello' (stern and nasty greeting)

'Hi, how are the Opening Ceremonies?' (high pitched sequel voice of Lori)

'Team Canada is just walking in, you have absolutely perfect timing' (mental thought - this is annoying I want to watch this not talk on the telephone)



Of course, Lori just had to keep talking until she realized I was not really paying any attention to her. I think I will have to do that in Beijing if she starts to get to me.



Actually, come to think of it. I think I will go to my doctor and ask for some strong sleeping pills for the flights. 15 hours of Lori talking.



I am just kidding. Lori amuses me and makes me laugh. She is a very good friend, besides, I know that in any situation she can be counted on to provide the comic relief, if only for her take on the situation.



So much to do and so little time to do it in before we go.

No comments: