Friday, August 22, 2008

Nanlishilu

Well, it has been just about a week since I left Canada. I have a proverbial million photos so far. A lot of the time has been spent walking around Beijing exploring various areas. My feet hurt and I have three or four blisters, but I certainly am not about to complain! I earned every blister on my feet and have enjoyed myself getting them. I just choose to wrap them in bandaids and get out there to enjoy myself. Yesterday I mentioned it rained a lot, but that did not hold us back from getting out to see the city. 

Although I love the local food, coffee is not something I mess with. My preference is Tim Horton's, but they are non-existent in Beijing. So out of desparation, Paul and I have been drinking Starbuck's instead.

Paul Googled Starbuck's Beijing, and found that the closest one to where we are staying is near the Nanlishilu subway stop. After consuming the liquid gold, we decided to wander around the Nanlishilu area. It turns out that the area is a financial district in Beijing.... Leave it to us to wind up there.

The area is very beautiful, and we must have spent 3 or 4 hours wandering around there snapping photos. I have a bit of writer's block right now, so I will finish up the blog with a random sampling of the photos that I took.
















No comments: