Sunday, October 19, 2008

This Week's Update

The remainder of my week was been fairly uneventful, and I haven't had a whole lot to talk about.

Paul, Peter, and I resumed the Friday night tradition of going to Peter's house for a good night of chatting and a very delicious meal. Saturday morning I got out of bed early to head downtown to get my hair done.

My stylist is amazing. I walked in without any idea of what I wanted done, except I wanted to go shorter and keep the same colour. So in the end I told him to take 6 inches off. Rather than wait for me to wiffle waffle and change my mind, he just grabbed a pair of scissors and took off a big wad of hair. He noticed me staring at the hair on the floor and said "There's no turning back now, is there!" It was magical. I can't explain why.

When all was said and done, I left the shop and wasn't completely happy with the cut - I thought it made me look like a suburban housewife. So I wandered off to Kokyo Sushi for some comfort food. There is nothing like a Bento Box A to help cheer a girl up! Now that I have had a chance to style my hair myself, I feel much better.

Despite the beautiful weather today, I had to come out of denial and face the fact that the cold weather is coming. My house temperature is slowly dropping and soon I will have to turn on the furnace, so today's big highlight was cleaning the filter. That's just the kind of day it was.

I did manage to get out for a run earlier in the morning. I like the weekend runs the best because it is light out and I get to run through the park. Although I did find it a little annoying that in the midst of my busy run some dude hit on me. I would have been more flattered except that he was pushing a child in a carriage, and I really wasn't in the mood to be hit on. Of course, it is suddenly dawning on me why I am not in a serious relationship.

I am a little worried in that the running and cooking are starting to feel like work, now, and that my inherent laziness will set back in. I think I am getting bored with my food choices, so I bought some haddock and some chicken thighs, and am going to try my hand at making seafood chowder and chicken soup.

My big upcoming project is renovating my upstairs bathroom. Last weekend Bank of Mom loaned me some cash to fix up the bathroom. One of my first jobs is to finish refinishing a cabinet that I started last winter but got sidetracked once the warm weather came.

My other project right now is to choose a Hallowe'en costume and figure out how to put it together very cheaply. I still haven't picked which one I am going for - my original idea of going as Julia from Hellbound Hellraiser 2 just was not practical. Plus, whenever I would tell people they would look at me like "Who?" and confess they haven't seen the movie. Ultimately my decision to not be Julia came down to the fact that if you haven't seen the movie, you would not understand the costume, and it would just look stupid.

After much research and deliberation, I have narrowed down my costume to 3 choices:
1. A court jester.
2. A nun.
3. Morticia from the Addam's Family

Here are some of my thoughts on each costume choice:
1. Court Jester: also called "The Fool" - I don't think I need to go into any more detail there. Plus wandering around with a hat that has bells on it all day would just drive me crazy - not to mention everyone else around me.
2. A nun: I am scared of spontaneously combusting as soon as I put the outfit on. It would be God's punishment for me pretending to be pure and holy. We all know THAT isn't true!
3. Morticia: Gotta find a full length black dress. Sounds like an easy task, and it is for people who are short. Not so easy for a 6' tall girl like me.

You'll find out which one I choose after Hallowe'en.

No comments: