Saturday, September 27, 2008

Autumn has Fallen Upon Us

Last night Jennifer, Laura, Michelle, Karen, and I all gathered at Paul's place for a fun night of chatting. A great time was had by all. I was going to be sensible and go home around 11:00 but was having too much fun. Some of us went to a piano bar in the village and much to Paul's dismay, I requested Sweet Caroline. Sorry dude, but piano bar is latin for Neil Diamond music must be played here. We stayed there for a while until the pianist played Don't Let the Sun go Down on Me. He did such an amazing job of the song that we left right after to go dancing in the back room.

Today I spent the day loafing on my couch. I was supposed to go to a party tonight, but slept so much that I was going to be scorchingly late. I figured that given how tired I was today, perhaps staying in this evening and spending a relaxing night at home would be a better choice of activities.

I looked out my living room window this afternoon, and one of the trees has changed colour. The leaves are a gorgeous bright yellow and I must take a picture before they all fall off. Usually I am not a huge fan of the autumn season since it means that winter is just around the corner. But this year is different - maybe it is that I am eating better so that my mood is much better and I am able to handle the changing season. And maybe it is that the weather this summer was crap, so I am not going to miss what I did not have in the first place. I'm certainly not going to question it, since it is the best I have felt in ages.

No comments: