Thursday, September 25, 2008

Who Was I?

Its a rare Thursday night that I am at home. Usually Thursdays are Ugly Betty Night at Paul's, dart night at the Maddy, or some other randomly organised event at some fine downtown establishment. I did try to scare up Kim, Trish, Doreen, and maybe another friend or two to go out for a quick Thursday night bevvy, but to no avail. Its probably for the best since I have a great big meeting tomorrow that I have to be sharp for.

Faced with the opportunity of a rare Thursday night by myself, I was at a loss what to do. Ugly Betty is not the same on my TV. You really need to see Betty's braces in HD to get the full effect of the show. So I decided to catch up on some of my favourite blog sites to see what other members of the virtual world were up to.

I got as far as Yaksman's blog and he had a very interesting post from yesterday encouraging his friends to take the Who Would You Be In 1400 AD Test. I barely know who I am in the year 2008, so in an effort to find a clue, I decided to take the test. Here are my results:

The Monk
You scored 34% Cardinal, 51% Monk, 41% Lady, and 46% Knight!
You live a peaceful, quiet life. Very little danger comes your way and you live a long time. You are wise and modest, but also stagnant. You have little comfort, little food and have taken a vow of silence. But who needs chatter when just sitting in the cloister of your abbey with The Good Book makes you perfectly content.


Based on the even scattering of results, it looks like I barely know who I am in 1400 AD either.

I know the quiz is for fun, and it has no basis for reality, but I really must dispute some of the findings.
1. Peaceful quiet life.
2. Vow of silence.
3. Sitting with the Good Book makes me perfectly content.
4. Stagnant.
5. Modest.

Words cannot begin to describe how much I agree with the part about being wise. Of course, that is the reason why I am disputing Modest!

No comments: