Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Jet Lag

Today's activities consisted of arriving at the office, hoping I remembered my network login id, rejoicing that I remembered it and feeling happy that I didn't have to call anyone for a password reset. Happiness was soon replaced with a not-so-good feeling when I saw how high my unread e-mail count is. It was right about that time when I looked up at the ceiling, imagined my mouth opening very wide, and letting out the dreaded proverbial return to work cubicle scream. It was a very busy day, so for every e-mail I read, I believe I received 3 new replacement e-mails. I stopped counting after a while.

Well, I have jet lag pretty bad, so tonight's blog will be very short. I have been awake for 28 hours straight with the exception of the 15 minutes of sleep I got on the GO Train ride home.

Paul has been suffering from jet lag as well. I got in my door, and noticed a missed call on my cell. There was a voicemail from him stating that he woke up and could not tell if it was morning or night outside.

I called him back and he said he was in a panick and he called 4 or 5 different people to find out if it was morning or night. I explained to him that I learned a very important lesson this evening - when I listen to techno on my IPod, I cannot hear the techno ring tone on my new phone that I picked up in Xidan. I will either have to stop listening to techno (which really isn't a bad idea - I swear I was just listening to it on the way home to annoy myself awake!) or change my ring tone.

I'm not sure what I am going to do about the ring tone, but I am sure that I must go to bed. Good night!

No comments: